Early Morning Eyes

Armed with a new camera I have been exploring Chittagong a little more by foot in the past couple of weeks. Last weekend it took me to the fisheries market. Arriving at 4.45am we waited for the sun to rise and for the energy of a new day to dawn.

By this time however men were already rushing by, scooping the night’s catch out of nets and piling it upon waiting baskets and wagons. The tea shacks were already serving hot, sweet tea to the various workers, and it was difficult to sense quite when night ended and the new day began.

The photos I was able to capture that morning reminded me of a simple, yet profound lyric from one of my favourite songs by one of my favourite bands – ‘Alone Again Or’ by Love. I hope the images speak for themselves.

“I think that people are the greatest fun.”

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

Bangladesh faces

In my next entry I’ll touch upon an example of just why the people of this country continue to make Chittagong and Bangladesh an easy place to live.

Abar Ashben!

9 responses

1. Brilliant photos!

September 13, 2013 at 3:47 pm

2. wonderful photos, John! you really know how to capture the simple-beautiful.

September 13, 2013 at 5:23 pm

3. Christie

Love the reflections and new photographs. Makes me miss the ghat!

September 13, 2013 at 5:34 pm

4. iceman

Alright Stanlake,

I hate to say this, and I am really no critic, but I think you have quite a talent for writing and photography(although you are a bit obsessed with faces). The biggest compliment I can give you is that I have many friends that write regular blogs and this is just about the only one I have the desire to read!

Hope you are alright mate, but about time to move back to the Czech Rep, bring your pen and camera and you can capture life here.

lewice lewice

September 14, 2013 at 3:45 am

5. Robbie & Julie

Your writing and photo’s are always great to look at and read!

September 14, 2013 at 6:32 am

6. Frank, Jo, wilf & Ralph

Cracking stuff John!

September 14, 2013 at 8:34 am

7. Mum

Lovely photos as always John. Keep them coming. xx

September 14, 2013 at 7:08 pm

8. Excellent John. Unlike Argyle yesterday. The first half was poor and the second half was worse. It helped me make up my mind what to do on Saturday afternoons! If they can’t be bothered to put in the effort…..
    Anyway, it sounds like you’re loving Bangladesh.

September 15, 2013 at 4:32 am

9. James O'Connor

Great blog & photos John , I love receiving them .

September 15, 2013 at 8:17 am